Zoom® is an in-office teeth whitening system that can get your teeth up to eight shades lighter in about an hour. Bayou Dental Group of Monroe, LA offers this powerful treatment to quickly get your smile its brightest.
What’s the Zoom Process?
Before your Zoom Whitening session, we will take the following steps to determine if this method is right for your smile.
- For maximum effectiveness, you should have a recent teeth cleaning within 24 hours of your bleaching session.
- Examine your teeth and oral tissue to ensure they are free of decay and disease. Otherwise, bleaching gel can irritate them.
- Assess potential issues with sensitivity in your teeth and if needed, provide you with a one-week fluoride treatment to use at home before your teeth are whitened
- Take impressions of your teeth to make custom whitening trays for at-home follow-up and touch-ups
After we ensure you’re comfortable in the dental chair, we will do the following:
- Retract your cheeks, dry off your teeth and gums, and coat your gums with a protective gel
- Apply Zoom whitening gel to each tooth
- Shine the Zoom LED light on your teeth to activate the gel and wait 15 minutes as it breaks down stains
- Suction the gel from your teeth and repeat the process twice
When the sessions are complete, you’ll be amazed at the brightness of your smile.
After a few days, the shade of your teeth will stabilize, and you can continue whitening your teeth at home. We’ll give you custom bleaching trays, bleaching gel, and oral care gel to relieve any sensitivity.
- Each night, you’ll put a small amount of bleaching gel in your custom trays and wear them as instructed—a minimum of 20 minutes each time up to wearing them all night.
- Right after your Zoom appointment, your teeth will be very white because they have been dried out somewhat. That color will stabilize as they re-hydrate. But they will get whiter again as you use the take-home gel.
- Continue using the take-home treatment until your teeth are as white as you want.
- Use the oral care gel if you feel any sensitivity.
How Long Does Zoom Last?
Professional bleaching gel lightens the natural pigmentation of your teeth. But over time, teeth pick up stains from several sources, including:
- Drinking certain beverages, including coffee, dark teas, wine, and dark sodas
- Eating foods, such as berries or tomatoes, that will stain your teeth
Still, it’s easy to maintain the sparkle in your smile. Every four to six months, you can use your take-home kit for touch-ups. Also, keep your schedule for dental exams and hygiene appointments. You can have a radiant smile for a lifetime.
If you are interested in Zoom, call us to schedule an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.