Get A Gorgeous Smile In Monroe With Our Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Finley at Bayou Dental Group is a Monroe, LA dentist who holds a fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. What that means for you is that a smile solution from our office is sure to enhance your natural beauty and boost your self-confidence.Doctor Davide Finley on using the Pinhole Surgical Technique to help patients with gum recession Read Transcript
When somebody's got a lot of recession, where the gums have shrunk down off the gums and exposed the roots of those teeth, the conventional way of doing things and the way I've done things for years is we borrow tissue from the palate; and we transplant that into place over those roots of those teeth. And it grows, and then you've got roots covered, and you have less sensitivity, and a prettier smile. But the healing process is pretty dramatic because we're taking a lot of tissue from the palate to transplant it, because the palate is where the tough tissue really is and it grows back. But with the pinhole technique, we don't have to take it out of the palate. We don't take it anywhere. It's collagen that is created and manufactured, and we actually then place it under the gums. We move the gums up, we put the collagen under the gums, and the collagen keeps the gums there; there's no stitches involved. It is one of the coolest surgical techniques I've run into in years.
So far, the patients that we've done it on have had really good results, and they're as amazed as I am at the postoperative results that we get with this. Somebody that's had long, long teeth that had the roots exposed, we can make them back to a healthier, more youthful situation, a prettier smile. Because nobody wants long teeth. You know? That's the whole adage when we get old, we get "long in the tooth." Well, that's why, because we have recession. But we can take those years away.
Cosmetic dentistry is primarily focused on the aesthetics of your smile, and it can help you in a lot of ways:
- Improve the symmetry of your smile
- Take years off your appearance
- Prevent wear and tear on your tooth enamel
- Make it easier to brush and floss
You’ll experience more social success when you have a smile that makes you feel good. Call us today at 318-302-4236 for your free new patient cosmetic consultation.
Choose From Our Wide Array Of Cosmetic Dental Options
Dr. Finley and Dr. Henderson perform everything from simple smile enhancements to complex full-mouth reconstructions. Our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening – We use the Zoom! whitening in-office bleaching system and at-home whitening trays to lighten teeth up to several shades in one session.
- Porcelain and Zirconia Veneers – Dental veneers cover major surface flaws that range from chips and cracks to severe discoloration. Dr. Finley recommends veneers if you want the ultimate smile transformation.
- Porcelain Onlays -A porcelain onlay is a special type of filling that is a conservative alternative to a full-coverage dental crown. An onlay replaces one or more cusps of the tooth.
- Teeth Contouring & Crown Lengthening – By removing excess gum tissue or tooth enamel, we can smooth out bumps and chips and expose more of your teeth for an even smile.
- Gum Reshaping / Gummy Smile Treatment – If you have a gummy smile or uneven gumline, we can correct it painlessly with a dental laser.
- Gum Recession Treatment – Laser dentistry also allows us to treat gums that have receded, which has a cosmetic and health impact.
- Tooth Bonding – Our doctors can even out crooked, chipped, or even slightly broken teeth by shaping composite resin that matches your natural tooth color.
- Smile Creation – Combine any number of these procedures to give yourself a whole new smile.