Professional tooth whitening is a fast way to boost your smile—and your confidence. Bayou Dental Group offers Zoom in-office whitening for a brilliant smile in about an hour or take-home treatment to complete at your convenience.
Why Receive Tooth Whitening from a Dentist?
One of the first aspects that people ask me about when we’re talking about cosmetic dentistry is how do I whiten my teeth? There’s a number of different ways you can whiten your teeth. You can go out and buy some strips that you can stick on your teeth. Unfortunately, most people don’t have very good success with that process simply because those strips don’t attach intimately to the teeth. They don’t seal the whitening product on the teeth very well. They cause an extreme amount of sensitivity for patients. So, the best way for people to whiten their teeth is for it to be supervised by a dentist because we can provide you the best alternative for you.
Now, in our office, we whiten teeth mainly two ways. One way is with custom made trays that you wear every day for a couple of weeks at home and the other way is with the Zoom process where we do the majority of the whitening in office. We found that by doing things a certain way with our process that we have here with our whitening that we use that patients have very minimal sensitivity and dramatic effects as far as the whitening process goes.
Before treatment begins, Dr. Finley, Dr. Coughran, or Dr. Henderson will examine your teeth and gums to ensure they are healthy. Any open cavities, leaky fillings, or significant tooth sensitivity should be resolved before we attempt to bleach your teeth. For maximum effectiveness, you should also have a dental cleaning within 24 hours before your bleaching appointment.
Professional whitening has several advantages:
- It’s several times more effective than over-the-counter products.
- You’ll quickly achieve predictable, dramatic results.
- It’s so powerful that it penetrates your teeth to lighten the natural pigmentation.
- Our customized trays will provide bright, even whitening across your entire smile.
- Custom trays are more effective than flimsy strips or over-the-counter trays. They keep bleaching gel in contact with your teeth and away from your gums.
- With our supervision and your personalized treatment plan, your gums and teeth won’t be irritated.
We offer Zoom in-office tooth whitening. In about an hour, your smile will be dramatically whiter. If you have an upcoming special occasion, it’s a fast path to a brilliant smile. Read about this option on our Zoom whitening page.
You can whiten your teeth in the comfort of your home. We will take impressions of your teeth to make custom bleaching trays for you. You’ll also receive whitening gel. It’s easy:
- Each night you’ll put a small amount of bleaching gel in the trays and wear them for the specified time.
- After a few sessions, you’ll notice your smile getting progressively whiter.
- In two weeks, your smile will sparkle. If you want your teeth even whiter, you can continue treatment as directed.
- Periodic touchups will help you maintain a bright smile.
Benefits of a Whiter Smile
A simple cosmetic change like tooth whitening is easy and affordable but can make a big difference. Smoking and certain foods and beverages can stain or discolor your teeth, detract from your smile and appearance, and affect your self-confidence. Some of the benefits you’ll notice quickly include:
- Your smile will be attractive to others.
- It can help you look younger.
- Improving your looks can increase your self-confidence—and improve your social life.
When your whitening treatment is complete, we will explain how to maintain good oral health and keep your smile bright with periodic touchups at home.
If you want a glistening smile, call us to schedule an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.