If you have dental anxiety, Bayou Dental Group caters to people who view themselves as dental cowards. We will help you break the cycle of fear and delayed or canceled dental appointments. Dr. Finley’s own negative dental experiences as a child are part of what motivated him to become a dentist. He understands you and wants to help you feel relaxed and make dental visits enjoyable.
How We Cater to Cowards
Many of our anxious patients especially enjoy the conscious sedation we offer. Using the medication Triazolam, you may not even remember any of your appointment. For more information, read our sedation dentistry page.
But you may not feel that you need sedation. Here is what else we offer to make your visits comfortable:
- Dr. Finley’s pain-free injections. Many of our patients in online reviews comment on the injections that they never felt.
- Tooth preparation with a laser instead of a drill. With a laser, you may not even need to be numb.
- We practice preventive dentistry and provide early detection of potential problems with your oral health.
- Judgment-free zone. We are concerned about your oral health and won’t question, tease, or scold you about your dental anxiety.
- Attentive staff. You can expect smiles from our friendly staff who are committed to ensuring your comfort. They are ready to answer your questions.
- Amenities. Relax in comfortable chairs with a blanket while you listen to your favorite music or watch movies. We also offer complimentary coffee and drinks.
Dr. Finley, Dr. Henderson, Dr. Coughran, and our hygienists use advanced tools to make procedures painless and comfortable. Our technology includes:
- Safe, comfortable low-radiation digital x-rays
- Air-abrasion or technology to remove decay without using a dental drill
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to help you feel more relaxed during your appointment
If there are other ways we can help with your dental anxiety, let us know. Your comfort and safety are our priority.