If the thought of wearing dentures is making you feel uneasy, relax. Dr. David Finley is an artistic cosmetic dentist who crafts dentures in-house. You’ll be able to smile comfortably, confidently, and naturally.
An Expressive Smile You’ll Love
Dr. Finley understands the relationship between your smile and your self-esteem. He crafts dentures in his office to give you a smile that enhances your facial features, expresses your personality, and looks natural.
We have a process that produces predictable results to help you smile with confidence. What can you expect?
- Preliminary impressions – Dr. Finley will take impressions and make a preliminary model of your arch. He will use the model to create a custom tray for the final impressions. Although some dentists skip this step, it produces a more accurate final impression and a better-fitting denture.
- Custom tray – He puts impression material in the tray to produce a mold that is a detailed reproduction of your mouth. It will be used to make a denture that fits snugly on your gums without irritating them.
- Wax model – Dr. Finley will set your denture teeth in pink wax that resembles gum tissue. You’ll be able to place the model in your mouth to see how it looks when you smile and how your bite feels when you close your teeth together. If you have any hesitation about the wax model, Dr. Finley will adjust it until you’re confident about your smile.
- Dentures – We use high-quality, durable materials. After you approve the wax model, Dr. Finley will select a denture base that looks like natural gum tissue, and he will embed denture teeth in the base. He offers premium teeth that closely reflect the color and characteristics of natural teeth.
Dr. Finley will explain your options and the results you can expect.
Complete Removable Dentures
Complete removable dentures replace all your teeth. The lower denture rests on your arch, and suction keeps the upper denture in place. You can receive a prosthesis for one or both arches.
A denture base can be made to snap or screw onto dental implants. Implant-supported dentures have several advantages:
- Stability – You don’t have to worry about your denture slipping around or falling out.
- Function – The stability of the denture makes chewing easier and eating more enjoyable. It’s also easier to speak clearly without worrying about dentures slipping around or falling out.
- Bone stimulation – Dental implants stimulate the jawbone to help prevent bone shrinkage and facial sagging.
If you are interested, please visit our implant overdentures page.
If you would like to learn more about your options for dentures, call us to schedule an appointment for an exam or complete our Request an Appointment form.