At Bayou Dental Group, we offer orthodontic treatment without traditional braces. Invisible braces will beautifully align your teeth without any metal or wire involved. People won’t notice you’re wearing them.
An orthodontist is a specialist who has continued training after dental school, spending two additional years in school. Dr. Finley is not an orthodontist, but is a general dentist and certified Invisalign provider. He uses Invisalign CAD/CAM technology to move your teeth with precision in half the time of traditional braces. If your case requires a specialist, Dr. Finley will refer you to one. But this advanced technology corrects most alignment issues with teeth, including:
- General misalignment
- Open bite
Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gently but precisely move your teeth to the correct position. The results are predictable for several reasons:
- We use an intraoral digital scanner to create a highly accurate 3-D model of your teeth.
- Dr. Finley sends the model and your treatment plan to the Invisalign laboratory to make customized aligners for you.
- The custom aligners are designed to fine-tune every movement of each tooth.
Orthodontic Treatment – What Can You Expect?
- When the aligners are ready, Dr. Finley will put the first set on your teeth to ensure they fit correctly and are comfortable at your gumline.
- We will give you enough aligners to last for several weeks. And you will wear each set for two weeks.
- When you first put on the aligners, they will feel uncomfortable because they are designed to move your teeth to a new position. As your teeth shift, the aligners will be more comfortable, but don’t prematurely switch to a new set. Your teeth need time to adjust to the new position.
- You will have checkup appointments every six to eight weeks to monitor the progress of your orthodontic treatment.
- After you’ve worn all the aligners, you’ll have a beautiful smile.
For more information, you can visit our Invisalign page.
Bayou Dental Group offers your family the convenience of receiving both general and orthodontic services in a single location. Call us to schedule an appointment or request an appointment online.