Bayou Dental Group provides comprehensive care for your entire family. In a single location, your family can receive general, cosmetic, implant, and orthodontic treatment.
Why Choose a Family Dentist?
There are several benefits of going to one location for your family’s dental care:
- Everyone will visit the same office—from ages 2 to 92. The entire family’s dental records will be in one location and easy to access.
- It saves time. You only have to travel to one location. You can schedule appointments for two or more family members for the same day and time frame.
- Your children will be more comfortable during their first dental visit if they have accompanied you on some of your visits.
- Your family can limit anxiety by developing a long-time, trusting relationship with a single dental office.
- Seeing everyone in your family increases our awareness of inherited dental issues and provide preventive care before problems arise.
High-Quality Care for Your Family
While in dental school, Dr. Finley was invited to specialize in pediatric dentistry but decided he wanted to treat the entire family. He demonstrates his commitment to excellence in dentistry through continuing education and by achieving fellowship status with the Academy of General Dentistry. You can be confident that your family will receive the highest quality of care from Dr. Finley and Dr. Henderson.
The American Dental Association recommends that parents take their child to the dentist six months after the first tooth appears. The first checkup is for preventive care and helps your child adapt to the dental environment and regular appointments. This visit is also an opportunity for kids to get to know Dr. Finley, Dr. Henderson, and our staff. And it increases your child’s comfort for future visits.
Your child’s first dental visit is usually short. You may be asked to sit in the dental chair while holding him or her as one of our doctors checks their mouth or “counts their teeth.” We’ll look for potential problems, assess the risk for cavities, and possibly clean their teeth. Dr. Finley or Dr. Henderson will also discuss cavity prevention, proper nutrition, and oral hygiene habits like thumb sucking.
We welcome your family to our family at Bayou Dental Group.
Our family loves the team at Bayou Dental Group! The kids love going to the dentist and look forward to their checkups every six months. – Angie B.