Enjoy Your Favorite Monroe Foods Again With Our Restorative Dentistry
A few damaged or missing teeth are nothing to be ashamed of – a lifetime of wear and tear eventually shows on everyone’s smile! But that doesn’t mean you have to settle for less than the best for your oral health. Dental restorations from our Monroe, LA dentist can give you a reason to smile – and the smile you want.Repairing Teeth - Bayou Dental Group - Monroe, LA - Dr. David Finley Read Transcript
When a kid breaks a front tooth, it oftentimes breaks their heart because now everybody knows they’ve got a broken front tooth. I’m able to take a tooth, maybe they broke half the tooth off and build that tooth back up to its original contours in a way that the break is invisible. So consequently that kid that broke that front tooth and now is worried about what all his friends are going to say or her friends are going to say about her smile, and get it back to a position where it looks great, feels great, works great in one visit.
Say you’ve got somebody, a patient that has a lot of spaces, or all their teeth look really small, we can fill those spaces, those spaces in such a way that everything looks natural, feel natural and the patient can take care of it just like they took care of natural teeth.
Bonding’s a great thing for patients because it’s conservative. We don’t have to remove a lot of tooth structure like you would if you had to do a crown on a tooth. And like I said it can be as invisible as I need it to be, which is almost always invisible.
And when you choose the expert care of Dr. Finley or Dr. Henderson at Bayou Dental Group, you’re choosing a world-class dentist with the credentials and experience to give you a beautiful, natural smile.
You’ll also be able to:
- Eat all of your favorite foods again
- Keep your natural teeth
- Speak clearly and confidently
- Have a comfortable and attractive smile
Call us today at 318-302-4236 to get started!
Explore Our Dental Restoration Options
We use several different types of dental restoration materials so that we can give you the dental treatment your smile needs. Dr. Finley is an artist and a scientist, crafting solutions that are as beautiful as they are functional. Those may include:Fillings - Bayou Dental Group - Monroe, LA - Dr. David Finley Read Transcript
The problem with those old silver fillings is, number one, they’re made out of metal, and the way the filling is designed to seal the tooth is by corrosion. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want corrosion in the middle of my tooth, because then, over time, the corrosion starts to break down after a few more years, and then the tooth starts to leak again.
Two, over a period of years, they absorb water. As they absorb water, the silver filling expands, and so a large percentage of teeth that have big silver fillings in them, when you take the filling out, have a crack in the tooth.
When we put a tooth-colored filling in the tooth, we bond that tooth, and bond that filling within the tooth, and consequently we’re able to strengthen the two walls of that tooth again, so very rarely is there a crack underneath the tooth-colored filling.
And I think that’s a real benefit of cosmetic dentistry. It’s not just in the smile, it’s in the fact that we can take those big old black fillings in the back, and change them to something that’s tooth-colored and add youth back to the patient’s mouth again, because now when they laugh or talk, people don’t see all those black fillings. They see tooth-colored fillings, and it’s strengthening the tooth at the same time.
- Tooth fillings – Fillings are primarily used to restore a tooth cavity after the decayed portion of the tooth is removed. They are also used to repair broken or chipped teeth. Dr. Finley uses Esthet-X HD, a composite material known for strength and precise color-matching. No more unsightly metal fillings. Your filling will match the rest of your teeth so only you and Dr. Finley will know you have had dental work!
- Root canals – Root canal therapy is the treatment of a severely infected or decayed tooth. When the nerve or dental pulp in the center of the tooth is dead or diseased, we’ll remove the infected nerve and clean and seal the space.
- Crowns and bridges – A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that replaces the visible outer shell of a tooth at or above the gum line. It restores the appearance and strength of a tooth that has been compromised. They are usually made of porcelain. A dental bridge is a false tooth anchored permanently to abutment teeth (on either side of a gap) which are covered by crowns. They can also be supported by dental implants.