There’s a reason Julie Andrews didn’t list “oral surgery” among her favorite things in The Sound Of Music. Few people look forward to any type of surgery! But the truth is, sometimes oral surgery is the best way to put an end to mouth pain and prevent dental damage down the road.
And when you choose a Monroe, LA dentist with world-class credentials and compassion for patients, you won’t have anything to worry about when it comes to oral surgery procedures. Dr. Finley and Dr. Henderson at Bayou Dental Group offer an ideal combination of expertise and gentle dental care.
Call us now at 318-302-4236 for a consultation.
Have Procedures Performed By A Dentist You Trust
There are a few reasons we would suggest oral surgery, including:
- Providing a long-term tooth replacement through dental implants
- Intervening to prevent a dental issue from progressing
- Putting an end to a problem rather than treating symptoms
- Preparing your mouth for a dental restoration
Our doctors are able to perform several types of oral surgery in order to keep your smile as functional and healthy as possible. These procedures include:
- Tooth extraction – If you have a tooth that is extremely damaged or infected, we may need to remove it. We may also do this to make room in an overcrowded smile, as is often the case with wisdom teeth.
- Ridge augmentation – Dr. Finley can add bone tissue to the ridge of your jawbone, providing more security for dental implants.
- Sinus lift – We can perform a sinus lift to thicken and strengthen the part of your jawbone under your sinus membrane to assist in dental implant placement.
- Gum graft – Dr. Finley will carefully attach healthy gum tissue to an area in your mouth where your gums have worn away.
- Bone graft – We place strong, healthy bone tissue wherever your existing bone has started to weaken.
Avoid Dental Anxiety With Our Sedation Options
Although we always adequately numb your mouth before performing any type of procedure, especially surgery, we understand that it can be an intimidating procedure! That’s why we offer two different sedation options to help you relax and feel safe.