Few people look forward to any surgery. But sometimes, oral surgery is the best way to end mouth pain and prevent dental damage in the future. Dr. Finley and Dr. Henderson at Bayou Dental Group offer an ideal combination of expertise and gentle dental care.
When Is Oral Surgery Necessary?
There are a few reasons we would suggest oral surgery, including:
- Providing long-term tooth replacement through dental implants
- Intervening to prevent a dental issue from progressing
- Putting an end to a problem rather than treating symptoms
- Preparing your mouth for a dental restoration
Our doctors perform several types of oral surgery to keep your smile as functional and healthy as possible. These procedures include:
- Tooth extraction – If you have a tooth that is extremely damaged or infected, we may need to remove it. We may also do this to make room in an overcrowded smile, as is often the case with wisdom teeth.
- Ridge augmentation – Dr. Finley can add bone tissue to the ridge of your jawbone, providing more security for dental implants.
- Sinus lift – We can perform a sinus lift to thicken and strengthen the part of your jawbone under your sinus membrane to assist in dental implant placement.
- Gum graft – Dr. Finley will carefully attach healthy gum tissue to an area in your mouth where your gums have worn away.
- Bone graft – We place strong, healthy bone tissue wherever your existing bone has started to weaken.
Avoid Dental Anxiety with Our Sedation Options
Although we numb your mouth before performing any procedure, especially surgery, we understand that it can be an intimidating procedure. That’s why we offer two different sedation options to help you relax and feel safe.
Call us to schedule an oral surgery consultation or complete our Request an Appointment form.